INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE STUDENTS:
1. Students have to carry their IDENTITY CARDS while in the college.
2. Students are expected to attend classes in neat and clean well pressed clothes and white apron.
3. Fashionable dress, cosmetics, untidy hair, slippers are discouraged in the college campus.
4. Rings, bangles are impediment in the practical classes; so should be avoided.
5. Smoking is forbidden in the college campus as well in hospital.
6. Smoking is strictly prohibited for the students.
7. All types of demonstrations, processions, shouting etc in the college and hospital premises are prohibited and students involved in these are liable to be expelled from college.
8. Abstentions from classes individually or in a mass without prior information and without valid reasons are punishable by imposition of daily fine of Tk.100/- individually. Guardians will be informed of such acts of their wards. Students should state their problems to their guide teacher.
9. Students will state their problems/ grievances/ inconveniences to their Guide Teacher (list of the teachers who will act as students guide are notified separately). The guide will solve the problems of the students by him / her or refer them to the Principal or a special committee formed specifically for the purpose. Statement of the grievances/ problems/ inconveniences by the students must be in an orderly and disciplined manner. Any act or indiscipline on the part of any student including usage of abusive words or objectionable words and sentences will make the student liable to be punished by expulsion from the college.
10. Students must not misbehave with the staffs or employees, any patient & attendance of the college and hospital. Misbehavior is an act of indiscipline and liable for punishment.
13. The students are expected to maintain the highest standard in their academic and private lives. Loss of moral and spiritual values or addiction to alcohol and narcotic drugs are punishable.
14. In case of illness or other unavoidable reasons of non-attendance a written statement from the parent / guardian should be presented to the concerned guide teacher, who in turn will submit it to the Principal for approval.
15. Cost of loss / damage to college / hospital property is liable to be realized from the student who is found responsible for the loss / damage of the college / hospital property.
16. Political activities are not permitted in the college.
Students are allowed to use the Library from 8am to 8pm on all days of the week. Students are allowed to read in the library.
Students must observe strict discipline in the college. On disciplinary grounds the following penalties may be imposed on a student, depending on the nature of offense:-
3. Expel from the College, temporarily or permanently.
Penalty/penalties imposed on a student will be recorded in his/her Transcript/Testimonial.
A student’s name may be removed from College Register under the following circumstances: –
1. Remaining absent from classes for more than three months without any information.
2. Disciplinary ground.
3. On the advice of the Academic Council.
4. Non-payment of College dues within three months of due date of payment.
If a student’s name is removed from the College Register due to non-payment of dues he / she may be re-admitted provided he/she pays full arrears dues and a fine of Tk.7,500/- within 3(three) months of removal of the name from Register. If a student remains absent for more than three months but less than twelve months he/she may be re-admitted on the recommendation of the Academic Council on full payment of arrears dues plus a fine of Tk.10,000/-. However if a student remains absent for more than twelve months he/she will not be admitted into the College except on special permission from the Academic Council.
Principal is the Executive Head. On academic matters, he is advised by the Academic Council.
The college is run on self-financing and non-profit basis.
Staff Selection Procedure:
Teachers and staffs are selected through Staff Selection Committees. Teachers have to posses qualifications as per requirements of Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council.
Students are encouraged to participate in extra-curricular activities such as:-
1. Sports and Games.
2. Common room activities.
3. Literary activities such as debates, seminars, publications of Annual Magazine.
4. Cultural activities.
5. Humanitarian services such as free blood donation and free medicine supply for poor patients, relief works during natural calamities such as cyclones, floods, epidemics etc.
Committees consisting of Teachers and Students (Teachers-Students Committees) look after these activities.