Admission Procedure for Local Student:
Admission to the Brahmanbaria Medical College is through 1st year. Admission is based on the merit list position acquired in admission test conducted by the DGHS. In Brahmanbaria Medical College the 4th Batch will be admitted in 2016-17 session.
Eligibility of local students for admission test:
- The applicant must be a Bangladeshi Citizen
- Passed SSC or Equivalent examination in 2014 or 2015 and HSC or equivalent in 2015 or 2016 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Must have a minimum combined GPA 8.0, an individual minimum GPA 3.5 and minimum GPA 3.5 in Biology at HSC.
‘O’ and ‘A’ level examination candidates should submit equivalence certificates from the Director General of Health Services, Govt. of Bangladesh, along with the application.
Selection Process :
Admission test conducted by the DGHS. Selection is based on three items-
- SSC GPA.8 = 40
- HSC GPA.12 = 60
- Admission Test = 100
- Total = 200
The written admission test is of one hour’s duration with MCQ on Biology (30%), Chemistry (25%), Physics (20%), English (15%) and General knowledge (10%), result of examination on merit basis is published by DGHS.
Eligibility for admission :
Students having at least 120 mark with minimum 40 mark in written medical college entrance examination are eligible for admission in MBBS course.
Application Process for Admission:
Prospectus and Application Form are available from college office on payment of Tk. 500/- during the time period (decided by DGHS) between 8:00 am-4.00 pm.
Filled –in application form by own hand writing should be submitted to college student section during the office hours.
The following documents are to be submitted along with the application:
- Original and attested photo copy of SSC. certificate & mark sheet or equivalent examination certificate & mark sheet.
- Original and attested photocopy of HSC Certificate & mark sheet or equivalent examination certificate & mark sheet.
- Original and attested photocopy of testimonial from the school Head Master.
- Attested photocopy of testimonial from the Principal of the college.
- Four passport size (Attested) & 3 stamp size photographs (Colored).
- Money receipt of application fee.
- Certificate regarding financial solvency of parents/guardians.
- Nationality Certificate.
- Original copies of above documents are to be produced at the time of admission.
Admission to the Course:
Selected candidates shall have to report to the College administration for admission as per the specified date and time. The vacant seats will be filled up filled up from the candidates in waiting list (In case of failure in admission by the selected candidates within the stipulated date and time.
Candidates qualified for admission will be examined by a board of Medical specialists of the Prime Medical College. Candidates found unfit are barred from admission.
- 5% of the tolal seats are reserved for Governing Body.
- 5% seat is reserved for poor & scholar students.
- 50% seats are reserved for foreign students.
- 2% seats reserved for Freedom fighters dependents.
Click Here For more Information